PalmPay as one of the leading mobile payment platforms in Nigeria, has changed the way we bank. Their several financial services make it easy for us to send and receive money, pay bills, load airtime and data, etc.
When you make use of any of the payment features on PalmPay, there is usually a transaction report. This report details all the relevant information about the transaction, including:
Date and time of the transaction: With this, you can track your spending and identify patterns over time.
Transaction type: This shows whether it was a send, receive, bill payment, airtime purchase, or other type of transaction.
Amount of the transaction: This is the total amount that was involved in the transaction.
Merchant information: For transactions involving merchants, this provides the name and contact details of the merchant.
Transaction status: This indicates whether the transaction was successful, pending, or failed.
Reference ID: This is a unique identifier for the transaction, which you can use to track the transaction or contact PalmPay customer support if needed.
PalmPay’s detailed transaction reports provide you with a comprehensive overview of your financial activities. But what if you need a combined record of all your transactions? This is where PalmPay’s transaction history feature comes in handy.
In this guide, we provide answers to some of the frequently asked questions about the PalmPay transaction history. Seeing as you are reading this, it is possible that you have one or two questions on your mind related to this topic.
In this article, we will be looking at:
- Benefits of the PalmPay transaction history
- How to check PalmPay transaction history on your phone,
- How to delete your PalmPay transaction history
- Archiving the PalmPay transaction records
Benefits of transaction history on PalmPay
- Know your money: See where your money is going by tracking your transactions. This helps you understand your spending habits and make better financial decisions.
- Plan your spending: With your PalmPay transaction history, you can create a budget and track your progress. This will help you stay on track and avoid overspending.
- Find your leaks: Review your transaction history to identify any unauthorized or fraudulent charges. This will help you protect your money.
How to check PalmPay transaction history
Finding and viewing your transaction history on the PalmPay mobile app is very simple if you follow the below guide:
1. Open the PalmPay app: Launch the PalmPay app on your Android or iPhone device. Make sure you are logged into your PalmPay account.
2. Navigate to the “Me” section:
From the PalmPay bottom menu icons, tap the “Me” option and you will find the “Transaction History” menu, tap on it and you will see your transaction histories for the last 3 months.
3. Select the desired date range: Once in the “Transactions” section, you can filter your transaction history by selecting a specific date range. You can also filter by categories to view histories for either payment you received or sent out, debit card payments, refunds, etc.
4. View transaction details: After selecting the transaction history you want to view, you’ll see a list of transactions within the selected date range. Tap on any transaction to view its details, including the date, time, amount, transaction type (send, receive, bill payment, etc.), merchant information (if applicable), and transaction status (successful, pending, or failed).
5. Download PalmPay transaction history:
If you need a more detailed record of your transactions, you can choose to download your transaction statement by tapping on the download button in the upper right corner. You will be asked to select the transaction type and the duration of the transaction you want to download. Once you’ve made your selections, tap on the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page. On the next page, enter your email address and your PalmPay statement of account will be sent to you in PDF format.
How to delete your PalmPay transaction history
Unfortunately, you cannot directly delete your PalmPay transaction history. PalmPay maintains transaction records for a specified period, usually three months, for regulatory and compliance purposes. These records are very important as they enable them as well as you to track your financial activities, making sure there is transparency in your records, thereby helping to prevent fraud.
Can you archive your PalmPay transaction history?
As of today, there is no feature on the PalmPay app for archiving transactions. You can only be able to access your transaction history for the past three months through the app. Additionally, you can export your transaction history into a PDF file for long-term storage and record-keeping by following the instructions above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How far back can I view my PalmPay transaction history?
PalmPay transaction history is available for up to the past three months.
- What do the different transaction types mean in my PalmPay transaction history?
The transaction type indicates the nature of the transaction, such as airtime purchase, bill payment, or money transfer.
- Can I dispute a transaction in my PalmPay transaction history?
If you suspect a fraudulent or unauthorized transaction, you can contact PalmPay customer support via email @ email@example.com, or put a call across to them via their support line 018886888 to initiate a dispute process.
PalmPay transaction history makes it easy for users to take control of their finances, staying well-informed about their various transactions, and helping to monitor their spending habits. By regularly reviewing your transaction history, you can identify unauthorized transactions and file a dispute as soon as possible.